The 2008 Bearspaw Open

Presented with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police - A Career Nowhere Near Ordinary.


supporting youth racing

As a new race promoter there's a few things that I'm really keen to establish with the Circuit de Mayhem race. Key amongst them is a policy that youth racers (Junior, Cadet, Minimie) will not pay to race in my event.

As a Masters aged athlete, I'm a strong believer that we're the ones that need to give back in order to grow the sport and provide the means to follow the Long Term Athlete Development Model from the novice to elite ranks.

In order to help facilitate the "kids race free" policy, when online registration for the race opens up I'll be adding an option for people to fund a youth race entry. I hope that some of you will consider this option, keeping in mind that the race will be running not-for-profit. I'll post more details as they become 100% firm, but depending on how the sponsorship search goes your donation would either directly finance a race entry into this race, or be pooled and donated back to the ABA earmarked for Junior racing.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “supporting youth racing”

Post a Comment