The 2008 Bearspaw Open

Presented with the Royal Canadian Mounted Police - A Career Nowhere Near Ordinary.


Organization Update #2

Things are ticking along nicely with the early stages of race organization. I think we're on track to getting something special on the roads on August 7th!

I was up in Edmonton this week for work and managed to drop in to the ABA to meet Scott Kelly (the road, track, & cyclocross coordinator) to chat about what I've got in mind for the race and to make sure that A) it's in line with what they're trying to build for Calgary Bikeweek, and B) I'm not on crack.

As it turns out, it would appear that I'm not on crack. Thank goodness. It would cause some issues with my employer if I was.

As it also turns out, I'm even more stoked about putting on this after meeting with Scott (and Monica and Kipp). I think that the Bikeweek has some real support up at the ABA, and it seems like they are very willing to help as much as they can with organization and support. The Tour de Bowness is looking huge for this year, and our event (along with the regular Midweek Mayhem Tuesday night crit) is going to (IMHO) do a great job of keeping athletes in town for the week between the TdB and the Wild Roses crit and the ITT provincial champs.

I'm also hoping that in the next few weeks we can make some progress in getting the Circuit de Mayhem involved with the Youth Championships! Stay tuned for updates on this front.

In other organizational news, I've got some solid results coming in on the sponsorship front. Nothing to announce officially yet, but hopefully I can start sending out some press releases soon!

Finally, I've got the permit process started with the City of Calgary. They've been excellent to deal with, and have been more than willing to provide some sound advice. Thanks very much, City of Calgary, and especially John at the Roads Engineering department!

Keep checking back...

Labels:

0 Responses to “Organization Update #2”

Post a Comment